Dec 16, 2013

Zillie the circus freak

I'm happy to announce my first young adult book is now published!




Zillie the circus freak is a sweet and funny novel about a very clumsy girl who lives in a circus. Her family is very peculiar and unique and because of this she struggles to fit in her school. 
The book is written by Alley Bucci and published by Jojo publishing. 




It was great working on this book. It was my first time dealing with an older character and black and white illustrations but I really enjoyed both of those things.



To create the internal black and white spots, I used a mix of pencils and watercolour washes, something a bit different from my usual process. 



This was definitely a big learning curve for me and I really hope to do more of this kind of work in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment